Attorney At Law
Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Email: Email Dan
Daniel J. O’Neill is an experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorney who is committed to helping victims and their families recover just compensation.
Attorney Daniel J. O’Neill brings more than 35 years of experience in representing clients who have suffered serious injuries and lost loved ones in accidents in San Luis Obispo. Over the course of his distinguished career, Daniel J. O’Neill has not only become a trusted advocate for accident victims and their families, but he has also earned the respect of his peers in the legal community. He is a four-time recipient of Trial Lawyer of the Year honors from the Central Coast Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA), and he has earned the highest possible rating from other attorneys for his ethics, legal knowledge, and experience.
Daniel J. O’Neill focuses his practice on cases involving serious and fatal accident-related injuries. This includes catastrophic injuries resulting from auto accidents, medical malpractice, dangerous premises, and defective products. He believes in helping his clients make informed decisions about enforcing their rights through his compassionate representation and takes an aggressive approach to securing maximum compensation in settlement negotiations and at trial.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California (1996)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California (1988)
- California State Bar Association (1980)
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D. (1980)
- California Polytechnic State University, M.A. (1976)
- California Polytechnic State University, B.S. (1975)
Honors and Recognition
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (2009)
- CCTLA, Trial Lawyer of the Year (1994, 2005, 2007, 2011)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors (2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Rating (2016)
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Central California Trial Lawyers Association, former President (2000-2002)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
What Clients Say About Working with Daniel J. O’Neill
Here are just a few examples of what past clients have had to say about working with attorney Daniel J. O’Neill:
“I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. O’Neill and would certainly engage him again should the need arise. . . . [I]n addition to being an outstanding attorney, both Mr. O’Neill and his entire staff exhibited a genuinely caring and considerate attitude that made me feel both comfortable and fully supported throughout the course of our engagement.”
“[Mr. O’Neill] was very understanding, extremely knowledgeable and informative . . . . He always paid close attention to my injuries and took in to consideration my emotional wellbeing. . . . I would without a doubt recommend him to anyone who needed help.”
“I’ve worked with several attorneys throughout the years . . . and have never met a more caring, compassionate and professional attorney [than] Dan O’Neill.”
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Request a Free Consultation with San Luis Obispo Attorney Daniel J. O’Neill
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident in San Luis Obispo, contact the Law Office of Daniel J. O’Neill for a free consultation. We handle all cases on contingency, which means that you do not pay anything unless we win your case. To speak with attorney Daniel J. O’Neill about your legal rights, call (805)542-0639 or request an appointment online today.