Handling Premises Liability Claims in Central California
At the Law Office of Daniel J. O’Neill, we advise and represent people whose injuries were caused by a property owner’s negligent failure to maintain buildings or land in a reasonably safe condition. To learn about your legal rights and the best ways to pursue them, contact our office in San Luis Obispo for a free initial consultation with an AV-rated* attorney.
Get Advice About Premises Liability Litigation
The law of premises liability covers the claims and defenses that must be resolved in situations ranging from a slip-and-fall accident in a retail store to children’s injuries suffered on unsafe property. The central question will often come down to whether the property owner had the responsibility to warn or protect the victim from a known or foreseeable risk.
With over 35 years of personal injury litigation experience, Daniel O’Neill knows how to develop and present the evidence of liability and damages in premises liability cases. He works to achieve two goals: first, to make sure that every element of your case satisfies the legal standards of proof; and next, to show just how your accident affected you and your family in terms that anyone can understand.
We work closely with our clients to help you get the most out of your claims in such situations as:
- Slips, trips or falls on wet or oily surfaces
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites or other animal attacks
- Accidents on public properties
- Recreational accidents, such as water-skiing injuries or boat rental mishaps
- Injuries caused by defective building components or falling overhead objects
- Injuries to a child at construction sites, fire pits, playgrounds or other facilities
- Workplace accidents caused by dangerous property conditions
- Injuries resulting from negligent security at hotels, resorts, bars or entertainment venues
Our law firm handles premises liability injury claims ranging from fractures or soft-tissue trauma to severe brain or spinal cord damage. We can advise you about matters ranging from the approximate value of your claims to the best ways to overcome obstacles with health insurance or access to medical treatment.
To learn how you can benefit from the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact the Law Office of Daniel J. O’Neill in San Luis Obispo.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.